Food hall, new restaurants slated for Plano's 'little Manhattan' development
More food and beverage options are joining Shake Shack at Plano’s Legacy West development.
According to developer Fehmi Karahan, the development is a prime location for restaurants thanks to its proximity to corporate campuses and large-scale branch operations for Toyota, Liberty Mutual, Fidelity and others.
“We aim to be the best in Texas, destination-wise,” Karahan said. “We want to be the best venue for people to shop, eat and enjoy themselves. (This development) is going to be truly unbelievable. It’s going to look like a little Manhattan.”
Among the offerings will be a three-story, 30,000-square-foot market hall that will accommodate a host of small-scale food and other artisan vendors, similar to Boston’s Faneuil Hall and San Francisco’s Ferry Building. The building will also include space for live entertainment.
Legacy West is also attracting bigger names, with letters of intent signed for Phoenix restaurant Steak 44 and Beverly Hills-based bakery Sprinkles Cupcakes.
Other eateries that have signed leases for the development include:
• Tommy Bahama Island Store: The space will include a retail experience as well as a restaurant and bar. The retailer only opens one Island Store unit every year.
• North Italia: Also a Fox product, North Italia specializes in modern Italian cooking.
• Taverna: A Lombardi Family Concepts restaurant, Taverna also serves Italian selections like pasta and risotto.
• Toulouse: The French cafe and bistro is also a Lombardi concept.
• Bistro 31: The Lombardi eatery’s menu serves French-, Italian- and Spanish-inspired dishes.
Rain has delayed some construction at Legacy West, but Karahan said he hopes to have the buildings finished and ready for tenant move in next year.